10 October sees the launch of the Funzi and Bodo Trust’s Alternative Christmas Gifts Campaign for 2009.
It’s Fun and Fair giving a Funzi GiftWhat does he want for Christmas?
Christmas is a time for children. You could make it special for this boy and his friends by sending a gift which could change or even save their lives
Just select a gift listed in this leaflet for your friends or family members. We’ll send them a card telling them what you’ve bought for them. Every year we send and receive presents we don’t want or need.
So why not bring a smile to the face of your friend or loved one and plenty more smiles for people living in the hard pressed homes of Funzi and Bodo in Kenya?
All donations of £25 and above qualify for a hand knitted Funzi bear
Here are some examples of gifts you can purchase
- £5 A consultation with the doctor for 10 children Or Helps a child to read with a children’s storybook for the new lending libraries to open in 2010
- £10 Helps a child learn to read with two books for the new libraries to open in 2010 Or Provides an eye test and a pair of reading glasses Or A health education class for children or young people
- £20 Provides an eye test and a pair of glasses for a child Or Helps a child read with 4 books for the new lending libraries due to open in 2010 Or Pays the wages of a nursing assistant at the two clinics for a week
- £30 Provides an ambulance driver for our boat critical in reaching emergency cases Or Helps a child read by providing 6 books for the libraries due to open in 2010
- £40 Provides a driver for the road ambulance taking emergency cases to hospital Or Provides a medical assistant for a month to weigh and monitor the growth and development of babies and small children Or Provides eye tests and glasses for two people needing to wear glasses full time
- £50 Provides a professional nurse at the clinic for a week
- £75 Provides free medicines for the clinics for a whole week.
- £100 Provides a nurse at the clinics for two weeks
Or you can do a mixture of the above to the value you wish to give. If you want something else just ask us what is available.
The Funzi and Bodo Trust is a registered charity which runs two clinics and other medical services for people of all ages in poor fishing villages in Kenya. It also builds schools and supports education for some of the poorest families.
It’s Fun and Fair giving a Funzi Gift